Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Top Nine on Idol

Beatles tonight ... Lennon / McCartney songs!!  Whoo Hoo!  Ashley & Marianne should be happy although don't know if Marianne is watching - she's camping in Florida for Spring Break. 
  • Aaron Kelly singing "Long and Winding Road" - Not bad, but kinda boring.
  • Katie Stevens singing "Let It Be" - Her best performance, I think but she needs to get the crowd into it.
  • Andrew Garcia singing "Can't Buy Me Love" - Terrible - Bottom three I think.
  • Mike Lynch singing "Eleanor Rigby" - Great vocals - I liked it.  He should be safe.  He is so confident on stage.
  • Crystal Bowersox singing "Come Together" - One of my favorite Beatles songs!  She's just a great entertainer no matter what she's singing.  One of the accompaniments was a guy playing the didgeridoo (an Austrailian wind instrument.)
  • Tim Urban singing "All My Loving"   This didn't do much for me tonight but the teeney boppers will probably save him ... again!!
  • Casey James singing "Jealous Guy"  I'm not familiar with this song but it is very pretty.  I liked his performance tonight - one of his best.  Simon thought it was the best of the night.
  • Siobahn Magnus singing "Across the Universe" A great vocal as usual. We didn't hear any screaming tonight and that is a good thing.  Her voice is just incredible.  She definitely has been getting advice from Lady GaGa for her outfits.  You just never know what she is going to look like from her clothes to her hair.  As Simon said, she is unpredictable.
  • Lee DeWyze singing "Hey Jude"  Another favorite song for me and a great performance by Lee again.  He's gotten so much more comfortable on stage.  The guy playing the bagpipes was really interesting but I don't know that it was necessary.
One thing I loved tonight was all the contestants giving their thoughts about their fellow contestants.  They were really insightful.

Tonight is a toughie!  They were all fairly good except for a couple.  But my picks for bottom 3 are:

Tim Urban
Aaron Kelly
Andrew Garcia

I predict Andrew will go home because the Teeny Bopper vote will save the other two.  But with such a strong season, we could have an upset .... hope not though!

What say you?

No comments: