Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Idol Top 7

Here we are again ... Tuesday night.  We are going back and forth between American Idol and the Stanley Cup Hockey playoffs .... go Penguins!! 

Tonight is inspirational songs with Alisha Keys being the mentor.  She is one gorgeous girl!!  Guess she will sing tomorrow night during Idol Gives Back.
  • Casey James sings "Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow" - Not so sure about the inspirational aspect to this song and it was a little boring to me.  Nothing memorable.  He might be in trouble tonight.
  • Lee DeWyze sings "The Boxer" - Great performance!!  I love this song and I love Lee .
  • Tim Urban sings "Better Days" - Not bad but not the best either.  He just doesn't have the range or the voice that Lee, Crystal, Mike and Siobahn have.  Will the teen votes save him again?
  • Aaron Kelly sings "I Believe I Can Fly" - He has a big voice that's for sure.  Judges are split on him. He just doesn't have the stage presence for me. 
  • Siobahn Magnus sings "When You Believe" - Her weirdness is getting old. I'm not laughing tonight.  It was hard to even pay attention to her singing for looking at what she was wearing.  Who dresses her - the Idol people or her???  It was just too distracting.  There's no question she has a super voice but that might not be enough.
  • Mike Lynche sings "Hero" - I liked it but he's one of my favorites.  Simon said it was a song about Spiderman and not inspirational.  I disagree .... everyone needs a hero to inspire them.
  • Crystal Bowersox sings "People Get Ready" WOW!  She is just so good and she looked gorgeous. She got really emotional at the end but that was ok - it made it real.  Her performance was the BEST!  Unfortunately, AGAIN, the show ran over and our DVR clicked off during Kara's critique so I didn't get to hear what Simon had to say.  I'm sure it was good though.  Wish they would stay within the time limit!!
My picks for bottom 3 - Casey, Tim and maybe Siobahn???  Not sure
Top 2 - Crystal and Lee

I've been a little worried about Crystal.  I heard this week that Ryan Seacrest gave her a little pep talk a couple of weeks ago and suposedly talked her out of quitting.  She was hating the attention the show was bringing to her and planned to go back home to her family and son.   But a few days later on Facebook, Crystal confirmed the rumor, writing: "We all have moments of doubt. As much as I miss my kid, the big picture is this: I'm doing this for him and my fans. I'm having the time of my life!"  Just hope the public doesn't interpret this to mean she doesn't want to be there and if she wins, she won't be able to handle the pressure. 

Another finalist will be sent home Wednesday on a special episode that will serve as the "Idol Gives Back" charity event, which benefits Children's Health Fund, Feeding America, Malaria No More, Save the Children's U.S. programs and the United Nations Foundation.  Black Eyed Peas, Jeff Beck, Joss Stone and Mary J. Blige are among those slated to perform.