Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Monday Mailer share

I'm loving this cool weather we are having here!  So far, we have not had to turn on our A/C although there were a few days before Easter when the temp's were in the high 80's, low 90's that it was pretty warm upstairs.  Today was really nice - just in the 70's!  Wonder how long it will last???  We're usually the last ones to turn on our A/C and it's usually my decision ... not Sonny's.  And that was his business before he retired - York Heating & Air!!  

We've been trying to catch up on all the tv shows we recorded (DVR) while we out of town and busy with our friends last week.  So last night, Sonny turned on the TV to catch the Penguins in the Stanley Cup play-offs and our DVR would not work!  Tragedy!!  We kept trying to reset it with no luck.  So, today the repair guy came and replaced our DVR.  But, as luck would have it, we lost everything that was on it.  Luckily, we had watched most of the shows that I was interested in.  We did lose Survivor, a few Criminal Minds, Saving Grace, Jeopardy and I don't know what else.  We tape Jeopardy every day and watch it while we are eating dinner.  It keeps my mind sharp (I think).

After the repair guy left today, we decided to go the the movies to see Date Night.  We'd both heard good reviews.  So, I popped my popcorn (yes, I take my own - much better for me than the movie kind), got my milk duds and Sonny stopped and bought himself some soft pretzels and got to the theatre to discover that what we thought was a 4:15 movies actually was a 5:35 movie!  Luckily, I didn't look up the times so I couldn't catch the blame if you know what I mean!!  We decided we didn't want to wait around that long so we ended up running into WalMart and going to Hooters for beer, wings and friend pickles!  (Not much better than the movie popcorn, huh?)

I think I finally came up with the card I am going to do for my swap at Quarterly.  I will be sharing it next week.  But, I don't think that I shared the card I sent out last week for my Monday Mailer.  It is really sparkly from the spray of Shimmer Mist.

I used the Hostess Level 2 stamp - Asian Artistry and the swirl from Baroque Motifs.  It is embossed in gold.  Again, I am trying to use up the retiring paper.  This time it is Pixie Pink.  I just love the pink and black!

No comments: