Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Spoiler Alert!

I've been really industrious today!  I have realized that my blog posts have not been as creative as they should be and I am sorry for that and I intend to do better!!  My friend, Margaret, is still here - her husband left today to return to Texas and I convinced her to stay for a few extra days.  Her husband is a retired American Airlines pilot so they fly for free.  She always tells me she'll come up on her own but never does, so this time I made her put her "money where her mouth was."  We spent the whole day in my craft room working on various projects.  We both got a lot accomplished!  Plus, I got caught up on some of the TV programs I had DVR'd while I was out of town last week.

Here is a card featuring paper and a stamp from the upcoming Summer Mini Catalog.  I love bright colors and this Tropical Party stamp set lends itself to them.

The colors in the paper are Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red and So Saffron.  I used my SU markers to ink the stamp - in black and Rose Red.  Then I applied Glossy Glaze over the "cup."  The card is a gatefold card with a belly band.


Here is the card opened.  I stamped the leaf fronds and flower in the corner of the white piece that I had sponged the edges with orange. 

This set also has a Bigz Die ($21.95) to coordinate with it that has flowers and leaves on it as well as Party Favor Boxes ($5.95) favor boxes come with 12 boxes and 12 coordinating bellybands.  The DSP is great for summer cards!

No comments: