Sammie is getting used to the traveling I think! I've been worried about her because she hasn't eaten or drank anything since we left NC. But tonight when we got in the room and she had checked the place out, she drank some water and ate a little bit.
Here is one of my favorite things to make at Christmas time. They are great to give as small gifts.
E-Z TEA LIGHTS CANDLE BOX
· For the box bottom - cut a 3-3/4x8-1/4" piece.
· Your longest score lines are at 1/2", 1-1/8", 2-5/8", & 3-1/4"
· Your short score lines are at 1/2", 1-1/8", 7-1/8", & 7-3/4"
· Cut out the shaded areas and on the cut line to make flaps.
· Decorate box as desired.
· Crease all folds well with bone folder.
· Apply sticky strip to the 4 outer most sections and assemble to box.
· For the box cover – cut a 5x6" piece of card stock.
· Score lines will be 6" long side - 5/8", 2-1/4", 2-7/8", & 4-1/2". (see picture below)
· Crease folds well with bone folder and put sticky strip on one edge flap.
· Decorate inside if desired.
· Peel the sticky strip and wrap cover around box, adhere flaps together.
|The box opened|
EMBOSSED FLOWER CANDLE HOLDER
· Fold a piece of tissue paper into 4 layers, and sandwich between 2 layers of copy paper (to make it easy to punch – you don’t need the copy paper when you are done.) Punch out 1-3/8" circles. Leave it between the copy paper layers and punch 3 times in the center with the 1/16" punch to make a hole big enough for the wick to fit thru.
· Stamp tissue paper with desired images and color with markers.
· Slide tissue paper over the wick onto top of the tealight.
· Put tealight down! Do not hold for this step. Heat top of tea light with heat gun until the tissue paper melts into the wax. All done!