Here are a few Christmas fun facts for you:
1. Frosty the Snowman’s nose is actually a button, not a carrot!
2. Here Comes Santa Claus was written by Gene Autry after he participated in a parade where onlookers were chanting, “Here comes Santa!” Oakley Haldeman set the words to music.
3. What Christmas plant is “viscum” labeled? European mistletoe
4. What Christmas food is made from “marsh-whorts?” Marsh-whorts, really??? Cranberry Sauce
5. The #1 Christmas song of all time? It appears for the “older” songs the #1 song is Bing Crosby’s White Christmas. For more modern music, it appears the #1 song is John Lennon’s Happy Christmas: The War is Over takes the top billing. (not so sure about that!)
6. The #1 Christmas movie of all time? It’s a Wonderful Life.
7. In the Philippines Christmas songs are played everywhere beginning September 1st! The Filipino Christmas is the longest in the world … lasting 1/3 of every year. Their holiday celebration is referred to as “Ber Months.”