I had Stamp Club last week and we made these four cards.
Language Of Friendship
I think this was my favorite one! I got the stamp set last year during Sale-a-Bration and don't think I have used it before this time. I bet this is going to be one of those sets that will be retired .... we'll see this week!! I love the Designer Brads from the Mini Catalog - added just the right touch, don't you think?
This card uses a retired stamp set but it would be easy to recreate using the Aviary stamp in the current catalog. The colors I used were Rich Razzleberry, Pear Pizazz and Island Indigo.
This was a request by a couple of my stamp club gals. I used Lucky Limeade with Gumball Green leaves. The flowers are Calypson Coral which I embossed in white and cut out with the framelits.
flower using soda pop cap for center
These two cards were made using the elements from the Pop-Up Posies Kit. Some of the gals made the flowers using the cupcake liners for flowers and some used the pre-cut flowers. The middle was cut out with the Labels framelit.
How do you like my new blog heading? I saw a similar blog heading on another site where you have to purchase the download for your blog and decided I could re-create it with MDS. It took me a couple days to get the recoloring and layering done but it was fun to do.
A reminder - if you would like to get the very first issue of Stampin' Up's Paper Pumpkin - the creative project that will be delivered directly to your door - you need to sign up by Sunday. Check it out HERE.
I have been working on my projects for the Quarterly meeting in a couple of weeks. I am participating in a card swap, 3D swap, shoebox swap as well as doing a presentation on MDS.
Today I played around with the Pop Up Posies kit offered in the Spring Mini catalog. There is so much you can do with it and you get a lot of elements.
Here is the first card I made using the Calypso Coral and Baja Breeze flowers. I sprayed them with water to "fluff" them up a bit.
For the second card, I used the same layout but used the cupcake liner elements to make my flower. I used my dauber to color the ends of the flower with Poppy Parade.
The only thing I would do different on the two cards is to use my paper pricker and templates to prick holes around the die cutout. That would add a little "pizzaz" to them I think.