Today I finished up a lot of odds and ends of projects and made a couple of new things while I was at it. All while I was watching some of the new shows that debuted this week. When I got the Sept. 17 issue of Entertainment Weekly magazine, they had a run-down of all the new fall shows. There were a lot that sounded pretty good to me (for a change!) So our DVR has been doing double-time. We have a DVR downstairs that records shows Sonny & I watch together ... and some he watches without me and I have a DVR in my craft room that I record all my shows. So far, here are my takes on the ones I have watched:
- Dancing With the Stars - not new show but surprised that it was Hasselhoff who went home - I thought surely it would be Margaret Cho! But wasn't Jennifer Grey something?
- Chase - I think I am going to like it, verdict is still out.
- Lone Star - recorded but haven't watched it yet - waiting for Sonny to watch it with me because I think he will like it.
- Glee - I didn't watch it last year but spent this summer catching up since they rebroadcast all the episodes.
- Raising Hope - Thumbs Down - only watched about 10 minutes before erasing.
- Running Wilde - Thumbs Down - I so wanted to like this one because Keri Russell went to high school with Ashley in Coppell. But, only made it through about 20 minutes before deleting.
- The Whole Truth - I really liked this one. I think Sonny would like it if he would give it a chance but it's one I recorded upstairs. It's by Jerry Bruckheimer and has Maura Tierney (from ER) and Rob Morrow in it.
- The Defenders - Nope - not for me - too much James Bond, spy stuff for me.
Here's a cute little Grandma's Brag Book I made today. It is accordian folded and goes into a little plastic box. I got the kit this summer at CKC.