I am feeling so much better. Yesterday was the first day I started feeling like a human and today is even better. I don't feel like I have to nap every few hours and I'm only blowing my nose about every couple of hours (too much information?!) Sonny and I went out for dinner last night at My Sisters Cafe and I could even taste the food. Tonight we are going with friends for Restaurant Week at Chillfire, a restaurant I have been wanting to try for several months. Can't wait!
It has turned really cold here. It dropped to 19 degrees last night and tonight 11 degrees is predicted! The high temps all week are in the low 30s but warming to the 40s by Friday! Monday was a beautiful day - in the 60s. Unfortunately, I didn't feel up to going out and enjoying that weather! I'm mising those 80s we had in New Zealand!!
Here are a couple of the cards we made this week in Stamp Club. I really tried to reduce the amount of stuff I had to carry downstairs for our card making and used one of the new Occasions stamp sets on three of the cards!!
|File Folder Card|
- · Use Fancy Fan embossing folder to emboss front ½ of file folder
- · Use Fringe Scissors to fringe 2 strips of Crushed Curry. Layer under strip of Afternoon Picnic DSP.
- · Stamp “Life doesn’t have to be ….” from Perfect Pennants (Occasions Catalog) using Wisteria Wonder ink. Use Banners Framelits to die cut banner. (use 3rd smallest banner)
- · Die cut Wisteria Wonder with Banners Framelits (use 4th smallest). Layer white banner onto purple.
- · Use open tab from Chalk Talk Framelit & cut opening onto top of Banner. Thread Summer Starfruit ribbon through.
- · Make 3 flowers with clay and molds and ink with Wisteria Wonder, Crushed Curry and Coastal Cabana and glitter)
- · On inside, stamp sentiment and adhere strip of Afternoon Picnic paper Trim to fit.
|Base card is Summer Starfruit|
|Crisp Cantaloupe - this is the one we made|
- · Card stock is Crisp Cantaloupe.
- · Layer Birthday Basics paper onto Gumball Green card stock and adhere to left side of card.
- · Use Banner Framelit to cut 1 white (3rd smallest) and 1 Raspberry Ripple (4th smallest)
- · Stamp “MAKE a WISH” (Perfect Pennants set) with Gumball Green ink onto white card banner. Layer onto Raspberry banner. Wrap Bakers Twine around and adhere to right side of card.
- · Stamp “a” using Raspberry Ripple ink. Punch out with ½” Circle Punch. Adhere to sentiment with dimensional.
- · Stamp “confetti” using the Cupcake Punch and adhere to corners of card.