Sunday, December 27, 2009
DESIGNER GIFT BOX
Just click in the top left corner to download the instructions. You have the option to open the file or save the file.
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
- Choose any stamp you like and stamp on TISSUE paper.
- Punch out your image with a circle punch (3/4" worked for me) that is close to the size of your candle. (easiest to sandwich your tissue paper between copy paper to punch)
- Punch a small hole in the middle of your design...then thread the wick of the candle through the hole.
- Your image should be resting on the top of your tea light.
- Simply heat the tea light with your heat gun until the wax melts over top of your stamped image. While the wax is still melted, sprinkle on a bit of glitter if you want it glittered.
Here's a close up of each one I made.
Friday, December 11, 2009
Now - get to baking!! Christmas will be here before you know it!
Sunday, November 29, 2009
I want to share a few Thanksgiving memories.
Monday, November 2, 2009
Sunday, November 1, 2009
My daughter has been off all last week doing some serious house hunting in San Antonio. She will close on her Bethesda condo November 9! She narrowed her Texas houses down to about 8 on Saturday and went out with her realtor and good friend, Lisa, to make her final decision. She made an offer last night so we are hoping it goes through and she will able to buy and get moved in before Christmas. The house she is making an offer on actually has a swimming pool which will be great for the Texas heat, BUT .... the pool has the Texas A&M symbol in the tile on the bottom of the pool! It will definitely make for a conversation piece. If you know anything about Texas, you know that people there are divided in 2 camps - UT or A&M (kind of like NC State & UNC).) Ashley went to Trinity and has friends from UT & A&M so it's no biggie to her!!
At Christmas, we all need gift tags to attach to all those presents we spend too much money on! I have made a couple of holders for gift tags. These would make a nice little hostess gift.
Saturday, May 9, 2009
To all the mothers out there, I'm sending a big way to go and a reminder too to take a few deep breaths along the way. However you choose to commemorate this day, with family or on your own, with big fete or quiet respite, at home or out on the town, I hope you have a glorious day and that you connect with yourself and your family and enjoy your celebration.
In this month’s Real Simple magazine, Judith Newman lists 10 things she suggests we all ask our mothers this Sunday. On her list:
- What’s the one thing you would have done differently as a mom?
- Why did you choose to be with my father?
- In what ways do you think I’m like you?
- Which one of us kids did you like the best?
- Is there anything you have always wanted to tell me but never have?
- Do you think it’s easier or harder to be a mother now than when you were raising our family?
- Is there anything you regret not having asked your parents?
- What’s the best thing I can do for you right now?
- Is there anything that you wish had been different between us — or that you would still like to change?
- When did you realize you were no longer a child?
I don't agree with all the questions up there - especially Number 4 - but they are thought provoking. And you ought to ask some of them before it's too late and your mother is not around for you to ask. What would you want to ask your mother? What would you want your children to ask you? What do you think the answers might be?
My family will be coming over on Sunday and we will celebrate the mothers among us (my mom, my sister and myself) with a cook out. I just wish my own children could be with us too. But, I will be meeting Ashley in Texas next weekend. She has already sent my Mother's Day present which I will open tomorrow. I am holding out hope that I will get a call from my son. I didn't receive a card so I doubt that I will receive a call, but I can still hope, can't I? My wish for this Mother's Day is that by next Mother's Day, our relationship will be better.
Here are a few cards I am sending to friends and family this Mother's Day.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Hope the Easter bunny found your house!
These are a couple of Easter cards that I sent out.
This one is from a retired SU set and one I actually got in a swap a few years ago.
This one I made. I just love this paper and find myself hoarding it! The blue check and the flower are from Parisian Breeze DSP and it is cardstock weight. I matched it with a piece of Baja Breeze, Sahara Sand and Whisper White.
Thursday, April 9, 2009
I received the cutest Easter basket today in the mail from my Monday Mailer pard, Betsy. She made this basket using the Sizzix Scallop Envelope Die. And .... she filled it with packages of M&M's, a pen she decorated, a magnet and the cutest little bunny that sandwiches a chocolate mint patty.
Well, after seeing this, I got busy. I have a Board meeting tomorrow so decided to whip up a few of these baskets for my friends. Won't they be surprised! I didn't have time to do all the little accessories, but I did get the baskets made. Now, I just have to leave the house a little early in the a.m. and stop by the store to get some candy to put in the baskets!
This one I used the new white Jumbo Grommets that are in the Occasions Mini catalog (p 19).