I took a day trip today with some ladies from Newcomers to Winston Salem. We toured the Reynolda House which was built in 1917 as the home of Katherine and R J Reynolds, the founder of R J Reynolds Tobacco Company. The property originally consisted of over 1,000+ acres but is now a little over 100 acres having donated a large portion in the late 1940s to Wake Forest University to move from their location in eastern NC to Winston Salem. In the late 60s, the home and outbuildings were opened to the public as an institution dedicated to arts and education. It is renowed for its extensive American art work. Today we heard a presentation about Audobon's work and saw several of his pieces. We also wandered around in the Historic Village that houses very expensive shops! I went in a couple of dress shops and everything I saw was in 3 figures!! Too rich for my blood!
Here is one of the cards that will be an option for my stamp clubbers this month. Simple but great!
- Cardstock is Rose Red with a white card stock layer.
- Emboss white layer across the middle with the Adorning Accents Textured Embossing Folder (mini catalog, pg 7) and the Big Shot
- Wrap Wisteria Wonder Ruffled Ribbon around white cardstock and adhere to card.
- Stamp “Remember When” from Word Play stamp set on bottom right of card.
- On a scrap of Wisteria Wonder cardstock, stamp the heart w/girl & boy on bike (Take It To Heart set) in White Craft Ink. Cover with white embossing powder and heat emboss.
- Use Hearts Framelits Die to cut out the embossed heart and adhere to card front with dimensionals.