Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Votive Candles ... my way!

I stamped some votive candles this week and they turned out soooo cute!  It was super easy too.  After I did the candles, I made a little box to put them in.   Here they are:

Here's what you do:
  • Choose any stamp you like and stamp on TISSUE paper.
  • Punch out your image with a circle punch (3/4" worked for me) that is close to the size of your candle.  (easiest to sandwich your tissue paper between copy paper to punch)
  • Punch a small hole in the middle of your design...then thread the wick of the candle through the hole.
  • Your image should be resting on the top of your tea light.
  • Simply heat the tea light with your heat gun until the wax melts over top of your stamped image. While the wax is still melted, sprinkle on a bit of glitter if you want it glittered.
CLICK Here for the box pattern.

Here's a close up of each one I made.








We are leaving in the morning to start our trek to Texas for the holidays so you might not hear from me for a few days!  We are driving and expect to make it in about 3 days.  I'm so excited!!

1 comment:

Eclectic Design Source said...

Oh my goodness, those are really fun gifts! Great idea!!