Friday, December 4, 2009

Northwood Class

I am teaching a class tomorrow at the local stamp store in Mooresville.  I will be using stamps from Northwood and doing five cards that were featured on a display board.  I just love the cards and man, are they glittery!  It took me a few tries to figure out the best method to stamp them but I finally think I got it.  I stamped most of them in Black Craft ink and embossed them with Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder.  Then I watercolored the images.  Northwood recommends watercoloring them with Tombow markers and I have to agree with them - that is the best.  BUT, I don't have any Tombow and tried using my SU markers to watercolor with.  That just didn't work.  I ended up using my watercolor crayons on some and on some just using a tad bit of reinker with my Aqua Brush.  I'll be interested to see everyone's finished product tomorrow and hopefully they will all have Tombow markers so they don't get frustrated like I did. 

Here are my samples.  My favorite one is the last one.










1 comment:

Jackie said...

I actually like your cards better than what's on the board itself. Have fun tomorrow!