Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas on the Riverwalk

We got a lot of work done today on getting Ashley's house organized!  She and I started in her office / craft room.  Sonny put up shelves in her closet yesterday so we were able to put all the stuff that was sitting around the room on the shelves.  I lined her stamps up in a loose alpha order as she rolled her eyes at me!  Then I took each set (about 50) and stamped them out on copy paper to put in a notebook so she will know what she has.  Again, another eye roll!  I guess I forget that she is young and probably doesn't forget what she has like I do!!  After getting that room organized, we headed to her den.  We took down the Christmas tree and stored away all the Christmas stuff.  Now, to find a place for that tub.  Then we unpacked a large box of treasures she hadn't unpacked yet.  What treasures we found!  She is a big Beatles fan as well as Curious George.  Every year she get something related to either the Beatles or Curious ... usually from her Aunt Marianne who is able to find the most unique gifts!  In her den, she has one whole wall that has shelving with a window seat in the middle.  I filled 3 of the shelves with Beatles stuff.  Every time I thought I had it all arranged, I'd find something else.  Hopefully, tomorrow we'll finish with the den and the rest of the shelves and I can share a nice neat picture!

We went out to dinner and met up with a friend and colleague of Ashley's and her family.  It was yummy .... Mi Tierra Market Place and Restaurant near the Riverwalk.  The restaurant looked so festive with all the lights and Christmas trees. 




After dinner, we walked around the Riverwalk and had a couple of drinks at Durty Nelly's Sing A Long Irish Pub.  The Riverwalk looked beautiful all lit up also.  It was hard to get good pictures of it though.  Here is a shot of the Alamo with the Christmas tree in front of it.  It was pretty awesome!


No comments: