Friday, December 25, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM ME TO YOU!




I hope you had a fun filled joyful day today.  Ours was quiet and peaceful.  We just ate, opened presents, ate, watched TV, ate .... you get the picture!  We brought our Christmas tree to Ashley and it looked really nice in her new house!  Here are a few of the special ornaments that are on our tree:

from the National Cathedral in DC







This one is my "most favorite" ornament and always has a special place on my tree. It is a picture of my son when he was in pre-school. I didn't know it when I sent him to school that morning, but he was sick and the picture really shows it! My kids have always kidded me and said I made them go to school even when they were sick and this picture just proves it! Since I don't get to see him often ever, I really love this ornament.











Last night we drove to Austin and had Christmas dinner with my niece and her family, my nephew and his fiance, and my brother in law and his mother.  It was nice to share the time with family that I don't get to see very often.  We gave Melinda's boys the gifts we brought for them and it was so fun to watch them open their presents and get so excited about Santa coming!!  It has been a long time since I have been around young children at Christmas since I don't get to see my grandchildren.  I knitted both the boys scarfs and hats.  Zach wanted orange and Jake wanted red so that's what I did.  We also gave them some Legos and a set of Fisher Price Trio Blocks which were a big hit!  Here are a few pictures I took last night.


Zach with his orange knitted hat and scarf on.

Jake looked like a little elf with his hat and scarf on!


The boys with my nephew, Jack and his fiance, Katrina.


Ashley trying to construct the tower like Zach saw in the picture.

Of course, I had to get on the floor and play with the blocks!


Here are the boys in their Christmas pajamas just after they left the milk and cookies on the hearth for Santa even though Zach said Santa had his own special key to come in the door to leave the presents!

No comments: