Monday, December 21, 2009

We Made It!

We made it all the way to Texas ... in two days!!  So much for taking our time and stopping along the way!  We probably drive about 10 hour on Thursday to arrive at Ashley's house about 8:30.  We have been busy ever since we have been here.  I've been unpacking boxes (pretty much all done!) and finding homes for her stuff while Sonny has been Mr Fix-it.  And, we've made various trips to Lowe's, Home Depot, Wal Mart, Target, etc.  Yesterday my niece and her two little boys, my nephew and fiancee, and my brother in law came down from Austin to help.  My niece, Melinda, is a whirlwind.  She finished decorating our Christmas tree, had us all moving furniture, cleaning mirrors, arranging, etc.  My head was spinning!  But, I have to admit, we got a lot done in just a few hours.  While we were doing all that all the guys worked on putting in a vent in the guest bathroom which involved my nephew (who is about 6'5") climbing up in the attic and positioning the vent while the bigger guys (girth .... not height!) worked from the inside of the bathroom!  Today I am going to tackle her study/craft room and try to get it organized while Sonny installs some shelves in the closet.  We're getting there!!

We were able to watch a little bit of the Steeler game yesterday.  My sister, Marianne, kept me up to date on my cell phone during the first half.  Then we found a Steeler bar (they're everywhere!) to watch the second half.  And believe it or not, our team WON!!  It was in the final second but they're famous for that as evidenced by last year's Super Bowl!  It was nice to have a win again after so many losses!

Well, gotta get to work!  Maybe I'll even get a chance to make a card today and post it for you tomorrow.

No comments: