Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Clean and Simple

Getting tired of Christmas cards?  We're sure inundated with them at this time of the year!  I started addressing mine last night.  I'm not including letters this year so it shouldn't take so long to get them done.  I've already received five or six cards and have them on display.  My first card of the season usually comes from my Texas friend, Sharon, but hers wasn't the first one this year.  What happened, Sharon??? 

Today I cleaned off my desk ... what a mess!  I had embossing powder and glitter everywhere.  Now, let's see how long it stays clean.  After I did that, I got the urge to stamp again.  I decided to do the Clean and Simple Challenge at Splitcoast .... since my desk was clean and all!   Here are the rules for the challenge:

1. Clean: the design is uncluttered with lots of white or open space. Simple: having a clear focal point without a lot going on to detract from it.

OR

2. simple in design regardless of the number of embellishments or how long it takes to color, stitch or to use a special technique

OR

3. can be copied and mass produced fairly quickly… usually without a lot of coloring, layers, embellishments, tools and/or techniques

OR

4. any combination of the above

Plus, there was a color challenge involved - use Red, Brown and Vanilla or White.  I think this card meets the challenge and I am quite pleased with it.


I used Close to Cocoa paper and embossed it with the Petals a Plenty embossing folder using a thin wooden frame on top of the embossing folder to keep the center unembossed.  The Northwoods stamp was stamped on a piece of vanilla and I used my Copics to color it.  I used Champagne Shimmers to paint around the oval and Frost White Shimmers on the snow.  But, of course, I had to use some stickles so dotted it on for snow.

No comments: