Wednesday, December 16, 2009

On the Road Again ....

Well, I'm "On the Road Again" .... can't say "Can't Wait to Get On the Road Again" though!  It was a long day.  We had breakfast at Waffle House in Lincolnton about 9:30 and then headed south.  We made it to Mobile, Alabama where we are staying tonight in a comfy (I hope) motel!  I had figured we'd stop in Montgomery but Sonny wanted to keep on getting it.  He really wanted to go as far as New Orleans!!  But I believe his good sense got the best of him.  Or, maybe it was me saying we were going to stop somewhere to eat dinner before heading any further!!  I have a feeling we'll be bypassing New Orleans and heading on to Texas tomorrow.  What is it with men?  When they get in the car, there is only Point A and Point B .... no stopping and sight seeing along the way!  When Ashley and I made this trip last summer, we stopped at every Welcome Center and stopped and had meals along the way .... not at gas stations for coke and peanuts! 

Well, the hotel lobby is closing so I'm headed to the showers! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was checking your blog to see if you were heading to Texas.
Be safe

Anonymous said...

the last comment was mine jackie