Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Idol Elvis Style

Tonight the contestants mentor is Adam Lambert, last year's runner up and the contestants are singing Elvis songs.  Interesting since no contestant has ever been a mentor before.  In an interview published earlier today, someone said Adam was the mentor so that the show can help out his career which is faltering.  I thought Adam did a good job of mentoring — and was quite critical of the singers. He helped out Tim Urban, Michael Lynche and Katie Stevens the most.

Crystal Bowersox sings "Saved."  The judges loved her as usual.  It wasn't my favorite of hers but she always does a good job no matter what she is singing.

Andrew Garcia sings "Hound Dog."    No ... hope he's got his bags packed because I think he's going to get the losing ticket tonight.  It was pure karoke.

Tim Urban sings "I Can't Help Falling In Love."  The judges liked it but I felt it was boring. 

Lee DeWyze sings "Little Less Conversation."  As usual, great!  Another step closer to the finale for him.  He gave the song his take on it and it was upbeat and fun.

Aaron Kelly sings "Blue Suede Shoes."  Pretty karoke - should put him in the bottom in my estimation.  Elvis he is not!

Siobahn Magness sings "Suspicious Minds."  She has the pipes!  What a great job in my opinion.  She made that song her own for sure.  The judges are trying to pin down the type of artist she is and she basically shemut Simon down.  She told him she couldn't label herself so how was she supposed to tell them who she was.

Mike Lynch sings "In the Ghetto."  I'm so glad he was saved last week.  His vocals are sooo good.

Katie Stephens sings "What Do You Want Me to Do."  All the judges liked it EXCEPT Simon.  I thought she did a good job tonight and that should keep her out of the bottom this week.

Casey James sings "Lawdy Miss Clawdy."  It didn't do anything for me.

My picks for bottom three are Aaron, Andrew and Casey.  Two will be leaving this week.  Who do you think it will be????

No comments: