Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Baskets - Hope your Easter was good

I hope your Easter was wonderful.  We had a beautiful day here in North Carolina.  My mom and sister, Angela, came over about noon.  We sat outside on the deck visiting and enjoying the day while our ham was cooking.  We had a nice lunch  and the Easter Bunny visited everyone (but me!)  I made little baskets for everyone with candy inside. 

I kinda miss dyeing Easter eggs.  That was always a tradition with me and my kids.  They had so much fun using the wax crayons and rub-ons that would come with the Paas dye packs.  We would do the eggs the day before Easter.  Then, they would leave the eggs out for the Easter Bunny to hide for them the next morning.  After we came home from church, I would make up some reason to stall them in the house while Sonny scurried around in the yard hiding the eggs (or vice versa.)  What great memories of them running around finding all the hiding places ... and of us counting the ones they found to make sure none were hidden too well!!

This is the basket I made for my friend Judy.  I used the Scallop Envelope Sixxiz Die and the retired DSP, Night & Day.

Here is the basket I made for Sonny.  I used some retired SU DSP also and a template for the Rounded Box that I found on Splitcoast Stampers.




Mom's basket uses the So Saffron Pattern Pack paper from a retired stack and the chick from "The Good Egg"

On Angela's basket, I made a crumpled paper flower along with Easter paper that I bought locally.

No comments: