Thursday, April 29, 2010

Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens

Yesterday I went to the Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens in Belmont with friends.  The flowers that were blooming were just beautiful and I took tons of pictures!  There were a lot of flowers that haven't quite reached their peak yet.  I think in 2-3 more weeks, the visit would be awesome!  They are presently doing an exhibit designed to take a look at how the tradition of our outdoor space has evolved over the year called "Come Sit a Spell."   There are more than 50 chairs, rockers, benches, swings and other furniture designed by artists, companies, schools and community groups placed around the garden.  From rustic to whimsical to colorful art pieces, the exhibit includes some expected and unexpected ways to honor the tradition of the southern front porch.   This chair below was one of my favorites!  I'm a ladybug gal.


The first part of the garden was called the White Garden.  I didn't know there were so many white flowers.  It was beautiful.

  
 
The weather started out pretty cool but as the day went on, it warmed up and was very nice with high's just barely 70.  When I got home, we went out on our boat with friends of Sonny's.  I bundled up with my long johns and ski jacket.  But, after we tied up with the other boats, it was really quite warm. 

No comments: