Sunday, April 25, 2010

Little Black Sammy

We had another family night dinner at our house tonight.  Our local grocery store had a sale this week - $5.00 for a steak, baked potato and ear of corn.  So, my mom bought enough for all of us and brought them over for Sonny & I to cook it!  I made brownies so we had a feast!  On Friday my sister, Angela, who lives with my mom was given a little black kitten by their mail carrier.  She had found it while delivering the mail in their neighborhood.  I don't think the kitten could be much more than a couple of months old.  It is the cutest little thing - jet black - and is already litter box trained.  They are going to hold on to her for a week to see if anyone claims her but if not, they will take her to the vet to get her checked out.  My mom is loving little Sammy.  She wanted to name her Sambo but we encouraged her not to since we believe it is a girl kitten.  Here are some pictures I took of her tonight:

This is Harrison, Marianne's son, holding Sammy.


Marianne on the floor playing with her.

The little raincoat bear plays "Singing In The Rain."  Sammy was intrigued by it and kept trying to creep up and "paw" it.  It was so funny!



Last week I took a card class at the local stamp store taught by my friend, Deb Holland.  Deb is sooo talented and oober-organized!  The theme of the class was Pink & Orange.  Here are the cards we did:
This was colored with my Copics, but I think it would be just as cool watercolored.

This card uses a Cuttlebug embossing folder on the bottom.  I colored this one with Tombow Markers.

This one is white embossed vellum.   Marianne did hers in black and white & used it for a wedding card.

I love this effect.  We spritzed the watercolor paper with water.  Then we used Shimmer Paints for the watercolor effect.  Twinking H2Os would work as well.

This is very simple using patterned paper.


1 comment:

Wanda M. said...

Oh girl, Sammy is darling! So glad there's someone there who loves him. He reminds me of my Gizmo - who I got when he was 6 weeks old (very small - smaller than Sammy) - and he's my skittish one. I know everyone will take care of Sammy. I've not been stamping for some time lately - house on market and I just do not need a mess to show. LOL