Thursday, April 15, 2010

Stamp Club Day Projects

I held my Stamp Club today.  This was the second meeting for the ladies and they did really good.  I think they really enjoyed the things we made - 2 cards and a little post-it holder.  Margaret was still here so she was a big help to me in showing the ladies what to do.  This time I broke the group into two groups of four and had them each making a different card.  That way, there was not too much sharing and waiting for materials.  It worked well with Margaret being able to help one group but I don't know how well it will be without her.  I may just have to go back to doing one project for the group of 8.  We'll see. 

I had their orders ready that they had ordered last month and it was like Christmas to them, opening up their bags.  I made thank you cards with My Digital Studio and put in each bag.  That sure made it easy!!  Here is one of the digital cards I made:


Here are the projects that they made:

I'm trying to use up the retired colors and retired DSP.  This card uses Taken With Teal, Close to Cocoa  and Holiday Lounge DSP.  The stamp set is Fun & Fast Notes and I let them pick which one they wanted to use.  Everyone but one chose the bouquet of flowers!  The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.  The brad is the Build A Brad.

This card uses Taken With Teal, Close to Cocoa, Apricot Appeal and Pick a Petal DSP.  The ribbon is the 1 1/4" Chocolate Chip Striped Grosgrain.  The stamp set is Define Your Life and again, I let them each choose which one to use.  It's hard to tell from the picture, but the Teal is paper pierced on the right side.

This is a Post It Note Holder.  The pen fits on the side in the little slot.  I got the little mini pens at Staples.  I used the French Background Stamp along with the flower from Fresh Cuts on this one.  Some of the ladies used the larger background stamp that is in the Fresh Cuts set instead of what is shown above.  The flower uses the Fancy Flower Punch in the Occasions Mini Catalog and the small flower in the middle is from the Boho Blossoms Punch.  We punched the flowers in Barely Banana and Crushed Curry.  Then we ran them through the Crimper several times to break down the fibers in the paper.  Next peel the layers of paper apart.  Then just crumble up the flowers and insert a brad through the center.

Here are the directions for the Post It Note Holder:
  • Cut cardstock 3 1/4" x 7 3/8"
  • Score at 3 1/8"  /  3 1/2"  /  3 7/8"
  • The 3 1/8" side (shorter side) will be your FRONT
  • Decorate as desired.
  • Fold at 3 1/2" and mkae 2 slits about 1/2" apart for the pen.
  • Accordian fold at the score lines.
  • Attach sticky strip to the inside between the back and the small accordian fold.  (see picture below)
  • Use sticky strip to hold your post-it note pad to the inside.

No comments: