Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Week 3 - Girls Sing on Idol

The night started out with Ellen sitting on Simon's lap ... interesting considering I just heard today that Simon might be engaged!  I was surprised Ryan didn't bring the engagement up. 
  • Katie Stevens - She sang one of Kelly Clarkson's songs.  Her voice was good but she needs more stage presence.  She is only 17 years old and just needs time to get better.
  • Siobahn Magness - She's singing "House of the Rising Sun" one of my favorite songs.  I look forward  to seeing what  she will bring us every week, and this week doesn’t disappoint. Love how she starts out a-capella.
  • Lacy Brown singing The Story.   She has such a great look and such presence on stage. The judges loved it.  I thought it was a little boring though.
  • Katelyn Epperly sang Carole King's "I Feel the Earth Move"  That girl has some hair!!  I'd hate to have to wash & dry all that hair every day!!  I felt like she was too karoke with that song tonight.  She might be in trouble.
  • DiDi Benami singing Rhiannon. This is more like her original audition - kind of coffee shop-ish.  The judges liked it.  Simon and Kara loved it.
  • Paige Miles singing a Charlie Chaplin (???) song, Smile.   I love this song (just not her arrangement) and didn't know Chaplin wrote it!   I think she will be going home Thursday.  If not, I'lll be REALLY surprised!
  • Crystal Bowersox singing another of my favorites!!  Tracey Chapman's "Gimme One Reason".  I'M A FAN!!  I can see her winning the whole thing this year.  As Simon said, "You are the one everyone else has to beat. It’s yours to lose."
  • Lily Scott singing Patsy Cline's "I Fall to Pieces"  I  like her sort of retro vibe and what she does with the songs she chooses.  I really want her to stay!  The judges like her .... except Simon (what else is new?) but hey, 3 out of 4 ain't bad!! 
This is a no brainer tonight. Katie Stevens and Paige Miles should be going home. They both have bright singing careers ahead of them, but the other contestants are in a different league. It’s like the majors vs the minors.

No comments: