Wednesday, March 3, 2010

American Idol Recap - Girls Week 2

Crystal Bowersox singing "As Long As I Can See Light"   I love her and am so glad she is back!!  Evidently, there was a lot of talk about her being really sick and possibly getting disqualified.  She rocked!!
Judges:  Randy:  Truth is reality. You are the truth. You do what you do. I love that girl. That girl is hot.
Ellen:  Raw, natural talent. I am so glad you are here today. You are amazing.
Kara:  You completely recovered from last week. You come out here effortless and it is coming from your heart. Tonight you hit a new level. 
Simon:  You didn’t play the sympathy thing. You picked a great song. The vocal was incredible. This was the moment we realized we have a serious artist here.

Haeley Vaughn singing The Climb.  That smile of hers drives me crazy!!  Of course, she is only 16 so I guess i should cut her some slack.  I think she will be GONE next week. I totally agree with Simon this time. She just needs to work on it and try again next year.
Judges:  Randy:  It didn’t work for me. It was excruciating. You can sing but it was so pitchy and not like you. You had no connection with the song.  Ellen:  You’re adorable. You didn’t connect to the song and it was like you just memorized the song and you sang it. It didn’t work out. 
Kara:   You’re open on the stage, you’re always smiling but you need about a year of strengthening your instrument.  Simon:   It was a complete and utter mess.

Lacey Brown singing "Kiss Me"   I kinda like this gal and didn't think she did as bad as the judges thought.
Judges:  Randy:  I think it was a good choice but I felt like I was at karaoke. You didn’t do anything special with it.   Ellen:   You didn’t change it up but it was adorable. It was the right song.
Kara:  Last week you were losing your tone, this week you brought it back with this song but you have to step it up. You didn’t push it to where it could have gone.
Simon:  It was marginally better than last week. You are taking part in the competition and not showcasing as an artist. We aren’t going to remember it.

Katie Stevens singing "Put Your Records On"  I thought she was pretty good and will be safe this week.  She's real young too - 17 - so still needs to figure out who she is but this song was a lot younger than last week's choice.
Judges:  Randy:  There were some bright moments. You can tackle things that are a bit more difficult. Believe a little bit more that you can tackle bigger songs. 
Ellen:   You have a great voice and you sang it well. I don’t want to hear something I would hear in my dentist office.
Kara:   I am so frustrated with you. At the end of the song you started opening up. You have to be doing that the first time you open your mouth. I am still waiting for that moment with you.
Simon:  You did take notes. You need to tell us what kind of recording artist you want to be. You will stay around another week but it wasn’t a winning performance.

Didi Benami singing "Lean On Me"  No ... I didn't like her version of this song.  Poor gal - trying not to cry after the judges raked her over the coals.  Think she might be in trouble.
Judges:  Randy:   I would have not chosen a soul song like that for you. It shows your imperfections. (Ellen:   I love your voice. You have a great voice. I don’t know if that was the greatest song choice. Kara:   It wasn’t good. You were trying to do a lot of things and we lost the uniqueness but I am still a fan.
Simon:   It was all over the place. It was screeching. Bad choice of song.

Michelle Delamor singing "With Arms Wide Open"  I couldn't listen to her while trying to figure out what she had on!  Evidently, Ellen & Randy liked it .... not ME.  I didn't like her performance.
Judges:  Randy - The outfit is hot, it is dope. You didn’t do enough with it. It fell flat.
Ellen - You look fabulous. You did do a lot with the song. I forgot for a few moments that it was a rock song. There were some pitch problems. It almost worked but not quite.
Kara -  My favorite performance of yours ever. It may have not have been technically perfect but you did something different with the song and I believed it.
Simon -  I am kind of with Kara. I thought the first half was stronger then the second hat. You got 80% of it right.

Lily Scott singing "A Change Is Gonna Come"  She was great!!  One of the best tonight.  She's very comfortable on stage and knows who she is.
Judges:  Randy:  You are the most unique contestant. You do your thing. You worked it out. My favorite performance tonight. 
Ellen:   You have got “it”. I forgot we were in a singing competition. The best performance of the night by far.
Kara:   You just had your first moment in this competition. Thank god you tried out. Good job girl. 
Simon:   I thought it was good. I wasn’t crazy about it like the others.

Katelyn Epperly singing "The Scientist:  She played the piano and did a very good job.  I just prefer the more upbeat songs - this one was really slow!
Judges:  Randy - I really liked it. It was way slow but I still liked it. It was nice to hear you play the piano.
Ellen -  I like that you were playing piano. I feel kind of asleep. It was so slow. Way to slow. People can’t vote if they are asleep.
Kara -  I kind of love you. You have an incredible instrument but you are switching around. You are all over the place but you are really good. Figure out who you are real quick.
Simon -  I thought it was a smart choice of song. It made you contemporary. It was a million times better than last week.

Paige Miles singing "Walk Away"  Wow - she does have a great voice!
Judges:  Randy - I liked it. I wasn’t in love. You have this big voice. Not the best choice. I wanna hear you hit the big notes. 
Ellen:   I loved it. I thought it was fantastic. I like everything you did with it. You changed just enough to make it yours. You had fun.
Kara -  I could see you having a hit with that song. I missed the connecting with the angry song. You did have some moments.
Simon -  I agree with Randy. 2 weeks in a row you have failed to pick a good song. You are making bad decisions.

Siobhan Magnus singing Aretha's "Think"   WOW!!  I agree with Simon - she is a strange chick!!  But she can belt out the songs She's so quirky and fun - think we'll see a lot more of her.  BEST of the night!!
Judges:  Randy:  You are so bold and it was dope. You slayed it. I loved it.
Ellen -  I loved it. That was good.
Kara -  I can’t get over that note. I don’t know how you do that.
Simon -  You are such a strange person. I thought there were parts that were terrible but that note was incredible. You are talented.

My favorites:  Crystal, Siobhan, Lily

In trouble:  Haeley, Didi and  Michelle

What do you think?

No comments: