Tuesday, March 16, 2010

50 Years and still Laughing!

Uh oh - I thought I posted this already - oh well, here it is - Marianne turned 50 Tuesday!!


My baby sister, Marianne, turns 50 today!!  It is hard for me to believe she is that old!  Our winter has been one for the books this year, but in 1960 when Marianne was born, it was another one to remember.  It snowed or sleeted every Wednesday that month!  And Marianne was born on a Wednesday!  It was really weird because we don't usually have that much cold weather in March.  I remember that we got out of school a day or two every week that month!  I was 11 at the time so that was a big deal especially since I had to walk to school!! 

We celebrated Marianne's birthday a little early this year.  Her husband, Greg, surprised her Saturday night by taking her to The Melting Pot Restaurant.  We surprised her by picking her two boys up earlier and beating them there so we were at the table waiting when she got there.  Oooh that chocolate was good .... as you can tell by the picture of Marianne licking the plate!





Last night, we continued the party at my house.  My mom and sister, Angela, came over.  Angela brought balloons and decorations and the guys cooked Ka-Bobs out on the grill.  I made a chocolate cherry cake (yea - we like chocolate!!).  It was a fun family get-together.


Here's Marianne and her husband, Greg.  She's trying to blow out the candle!

This is one of the cards I made for her.


Here's the other card I made her.

I also made this photo tray.  It is from 7Gypsies and I bought it at AC Moore.  I tried to find different pictures through out her life to put in it as well as family sayings.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS!!

No comments: