Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Rolling Stones Night on American Idol

Well, we've made it to the Top 12 on Idol and now the fun begins!  Tonight the contestants are singing Rolling Stones songs.  I was never a big Stones fan so a lot of these songs didn't do it for me.
  • Big Mike Lynch singing "Miss You"  I'm not familiar with this song but thought he did great!  He's a real showman.  The judge loved it ... but of course, Simon had to add his two cents worth - thought his dancing was a little corny. 
  • Didi Benami - "Play With Fire"  I thought it was a little "dragging" but guess I was in the minority - all the judge thought it was one of her best performances.
  • Casey James "It's All Over Now"  It was just ok for me.  Of course Kara loved it and thought it was one of his best.  Not Simon though.
  • Lacey Brown "Ruby Tuesday"  I liked this one.  I hope she makes it back next week.  Her outfit was just a little strange!
  • Andrew Garcia "Gimme Shelter"  No - too pitchy; just not great.  His family interview was weird - his mom is like a zombie!
  • Katie Stevens "Wild Horses"  The beginning wasn't so great but then she got into the groove and did a great job.
  • Tim Urban "Under My Thumb"  I'm with Randy and Ellen - I didn't like the Rolling Stones Reggae version!  I do give him kudos for trying something different though.
  • Siobhan Magnus "Paint It Black"  WOW - best of the night so far!!  I can see her as a front runner for winning this competition.  She looks so different tonight with her hair all curled.
  • Lee Dewyze "Beast of Burden"  I like it!  He's one of my favorite of the guys.  I love his voice.  As Randy says, "it was dope!"  I'd love to hear him sing country!
  • Paige Miles "Honky Tonk Woman"  Wow - she really surprised me!  I didn't think she would do good with Stones songs but she hit the big notes with this song and worked the stage.  According to the judges, she had laryngitis this week.  Don't think she'll get voted off this week.
  • Aaron Kelly "Angie"  Another good solid performance.  He has a good voice and he chose a good song for his range.
  • Crystal Bowersox "You Can't Always Get What You Want"  Still my #1 Favorite!!  She is just awesome.  She was born to do this.  I wonder about her family life.  During her family interview, no mention is made of her mom.  If it weren’t for Siobhan, I’d say  just give Crystal the American Idol titleand send the rest  of them home.
It's going to be tough to vote someone off this week.  My pick for the bottom 3 is:  Casey, Tim and Andrew.

No comments: