Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy St Patty's Day & 2 Monday Mailers

(This is posted late because I just realized it didn't get posted when it should have!!)


Happy Saint Paddy's Day to you all!  These are the cookies I made for my Mahjong group and this is what I have left!  I doubled the recipe because the single recipe said SIX Servings!  I think I would have been fine without doubling because these will be gone by Friday .... in mine & Sonny's stomach!  Although I'm having Stamp Club tomorrow so I'll tempt them with the cookies too!

Here's the recipe for the cookies .... they are really good and easy!

IRISH SHAMROCK COOKIES
1/2 C butter, softened (I used a Crisco Shortening Stick)
1 3-oz package instant pistachio pudding mix
1 1/3 C baking mix (Jiffy, Bisquick)
1 egg
1 T white sugar

  • Preheat oven to 350.  Lightly grease baking sheet. 

  • Cream together shortening (or butter) and pudding mix.  Blend in baking mix, egg, and sugar.  Mix well.

  • On lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 3/8" thickness & cut into cookies with cookie cutter.

  • Place cookies on prepared baking sheet & bake 9-10 minutes or until lightly browned on edges.  Let cookies cook on rack.  Frost with green icing.
Now for my Monday Mailer cards!  Here is the card I made and mailed to my partner.


I found the pattern for this egg in the March CardMaker magazine.  All supplies for the card are from Stampin' Up.  The DSP is from the Good Neighbor pack that is in the Saleabration Catalog.  I ran all the pieces plus the white square through my Big Shot with the SU Texture Plate.  The felt flower and leaf are in the Occasions Mini Catalog.  The cardstock is Melon Mango and Bermuda Bay.  I love the White Satin Ribbon!!  "happy easter" is from the Abundant Hope set in the Occasions Catalog.

Here is the card I received today! 
Isn't it great?  She embossed the cardstock with the Texturz Plate and I think she inked her plate yellow when she ran it through the Big Shot.  The butterflies are from the Occasions Mini - Embosslets.  I have to get those butterflies - they are on backorder right now though. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Weight Watchers cookies?
Jeria