Sunday, March 21, 2010

Color Combo Challenge

What beautiful weather we had yesterday!  But today is overcast and rain is expected ... to be followed by a chilly day tomorrow.  Hey, at least we're not in Dallas where it snowed yesterday!!  Hard to believe that!!

Just a quick reminder.. there are only about 10 days left to take advantage of Sale A Bration!

Did you know that there are over 60 stamp sets you can recieve for FREE during Sale a Bration!?   In addition to the wonderful sets in the SAB mini catalog, you can also get a 72 sheet pack of designer paper, or a great new scallop edge punch FREE with each $50 order!

I worked on a Challenge last night and finally finished the card today.  I think I had everything I owned on my desk when I finished (trying to get the card just right)!!  Here's my creation in response to the Color Combo on Picture Perfect Creations.  These colors were hard for me!!



The Not Quite Navy card (and dots) didn't photograph well - they look almost black!
Recipe:
Cardstock:  Not Quite Navy, Lovely Lilac, Whisper White, DSP from Daisy Bucket (Beach House)
Ink:  Not Quite Navy
Stamps:  A Little Birdie Told Me (SU); Doodles (Inkadinkado)
Access:  Nestabilities; Word Window Punch; beads, wire; SU Scallop Punch; 1/2" Circle Punch; Pretties Kit 
Here's a close-up of the beaded antenna.  I definately gave my eyes a work out stringing those beads!


I entered a color challenge from this same blog last week (HERE) and got runner-up.  Here's the link to the winning card.    I'm hoping to win this week!!


Megan (Picture Perfect Creations) is also doing a Design Team Call.  If you are interested, you can learn more on her blog 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

beautiful butterfly! i love his word window body and the texture!