Wednesday, March 24, 2010

That Old Black Magic

I've been working on mastering the Black Magic Technique today.  I am going to be demonstrating this technique in May at the NC Stampin' Up Quarterly meeting in Kernersville.  I also did this card for a color challenge at Picture Perfect Creations using Elegant Eggplant, Pretty in Pink and So Saffron.
I used the stamp set Wings of Friendship.  Here's how to do the Black Magic Technique:

  • Stamp a solid stamp in White Craft Ink onto a dark cardstock.  I used Black but you could also use Basic Gray, Night of Navy, Elegant Eggplant, Chocolate Chip .... 
  • Let the ink dry or speed it along with your heat gun.
  • Color the images with pencils - prismacolors, watercolors, metallic - OR watercolor crayons.  I used a combination of them on my image.
  • After coloring, I squirted a little white reinker out and using my Aquapainter, I added white accents along one side of the flowers, bird, etc.  On the other side, I used my White Gel Pen to add more accents.
To finish the piece, I used my White Gel Pen all along the black piece; punched out a corner and did the white gel pen on it.  I stamped the bird's wing again with the white craft ink, cut it out and popped it up.  Then I sprayed the piece with a mixture of alcohol and Shimmer paint to make it sparkle.  I backed the piece on So Saffron.  The card base is Pretty In Pink although the colors did show up too great.

Hope you like it and try one of your own.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love your black magic technique:))