Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sticky, Icky Humidity!

In the three summers we have lived here, we have been pretty lucky with the weather ... mainly the humidity.  It hasn't been as bad as what we remembered when we lived here some 30+ years ago.  But this summer may just be different.  Yesterday was sticky, icky!!  We went to Newton, a small town near us, for a street fair.  We had read about it so figured we'd give it a try.  We walked the whole downtown area in less than an hour and weren't too impressed!  There weren't many people there - hopefully, they had been there earlier or came later.  It's a lot of work to put something like that together - bands, craft booths, games, car show, etc. but we noticed a lot of empty spaces on the street like maybe they had some no-shows.  We didn't even eat any funnel cake!!!  We decided we'd rather go to a restaurant where we could sit down in air-conditioning to eat instead so we drove to Hickory for Mexican food.  Today we had storms but they didn't come until dinner time.  I bet tomorrow will be another sticky one.

I worked on a few cards today.  I have a lot of friends having birthdays in May so I made a couple of birthday cards.

This one uses the new set from the Summer Mini, Watercolor Trio.  I also am trying to use my retiring colors.  This one is Pale Plum, Perfect Plum and Mellow Moss.

Another birthday card.  This one uses a retired set, Older & Wiser along with retiring cardstock, Cameo Coral and Apricot Appeal.  The DSP is some I just off the Clearance Rack.


This car is for a class I am doing in June for a neighbor of my mom's church group.  There will probably be at least 20 ladies there so I needed to come up with a simple card.  I am going to give them the option of using one of the stamps from Pun Fun or Fun & Fast Notes.  For a simple card, it's kind of cute, don't you think?

1 comment:

Wanda in NC said...

Oh Sharon - sorry that Newton's event was not successful. You may want to try the one in North Wilkesboro - it's held the first Saturday in the month of October. It's always alot of venders and/or crafters, and it's always packed with people. I think you may love going to it, if you have not yet already.