Tuesday, May 4, 2010

New Blog Banner thanks to MDS!

As you can probably see from my new Blog Banner, I have been using My Digital Studio.  I decided today that I would send myself to "self taught school."  I created the banner following an on-line tutorial that I "googled."  Following it step-by-step made it very easy to do.  My next big undertaking was to edit it in my photo-editing software.  I have Paint Shop Pro by Corel which I purchased a couple of years ago.  I have never been able to figure out how to use it.  So, today, I have been playing with it and following a bunch of tutorials I found on Corel (don't ask me how many hours!!) until I was semi-comfortable with editing, cropping, etc.  The pictures in my blog banner are what inspired me to learn all this!  I took them a few weeks ago when I went to the Botanical Gardens and I wanted to incorporate them into my blog. 

While I was playing around with MDS, I created this card.  It uses some new paper that I was able to download last month called Spring Shades.  If you have MDS, you can also download this paper.  I hope that it will be in the new catalog this summer because it is really beautiful!

No comments: