Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sorry I've been MIA!

Sorry I've be MIA for a couple of days.  Yesterday I left the house at 9:30 AM and didn't return until 8:30 PM.  I started out playing Mahjong and was on a winning streak.  We only play with $2 but I wiped 2-3 people out of their $2!!  After that, I had a lot of errands to run all over town - Belks, WalMart, Dollar Store, Staples, Stampers Alley ....  I picked up the collage pictures (from THIS post)  from WalMart and they turned out great.  I am so pleased.  I ended up buying some super large binder clips which I am going to decorate and clip the pictures (8x10) in them.  I'll have to support them somehow from behind so they don't flop over.  After all my errands, I met Sonny and Marianne and her family at Fusion Bowl for dinner. Yumm!! Marianne and Greg had been in Asheville for a conference.

I went to Stampers Alley to see the BEE-U-TEE-FUL Northwoods Board that had just come in.  I will be doing a class on June 19.  We will make 6 of the cards.  Then, later in July or August, we'll do the other 6 cards.  You can view the cards HERE.  The Northwood cards are always so beautiful and glittery.  Call Stampers Alley (Mooresville) to sign up!!  If we get a full class, I can add another date.

Today was my Stamp Club.  We had a small group today - one gal was sick, another out of town and the third had Book Club earlier in the a.m. and couldn't make it.  But, we had fun anyway!!  We made two great cards and a tea-bag (chocolate squares) holder. 


This card is a great one for using up your scraps.  The stamp set is Circle Circus and the colors are Chocolate Chip, Barely Banana and Brocade Blue.


This is a great cheerful card!  We made that speckled background using Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamp in Only Orange, Pink Passion, Turquoise and Old Olive.  We put Crystal Effects on the drink.  Just wish I was in Hawaii!!


This is one of the tea holders.  They had their choice of this one or another one.  This one has a belly band that slips off.


This is the inside.


This is the second tea bag holder.  It has a ribbon closure and uses the truck from Loads of Love.


inside

I got the directions for these little tea bag holders on Splitcoast. 

No comments: