Saturday, May 29, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!


Happy Memorial Day to everyone.  Please give thanks to the great men and women that are out there protecting our country.

I arrived safe and sound in Texas last Monday and have been going non-stop since I arrived.  We spent several days with some good friends from Dallas before heading off to Austin for my nephew's wedding.  It was a wonderful wedding last night and I have pictures to share as soon as I can download them.  The only problem was the HEAT!!  It was sooo hot - in the 90's.  Sweat was literally pouring down the groom's face during the ceremony (not to mention the guests) and his bride kept mopping his face!  It was rather funny.  When we returned to our motel at midnight last night, it was still 85 degrees!  We have another wedding to attend tomorrow night and it is also outside!  Maybe this heat will melt some pounds off me while I'm here.  Today we went to a Brunch for the newly married couple at my niece's home (still, hot!)  But when we arrived back in San Antonio around noon with my niece's two little boys, we all hit the pool and didn't come out until dinner time!!  They were out like a light when they hit the bed tonight.

Have a safe Memorial Day and I will try to post more details about the Carnaval wedding and pictures next week.

No comments: