Tuesday, May 25, 2010

American Idol Finale Season 9

Can't believe the finale is here already!  When they're doing the talent search from city to city, it seems to take forever, but when they get to Hollywood ... bam, it goes so fast!

All season, I've been pulling for Crystal.  But tonight before watching the show, I was feeling like Lee would beat her out.  He has improved so much during the season.  Crystal started out strong and leveled out.  Whatever happens, it's going to be a tight race and I will be happy with either of them winning.

Round #1 - Contestant's Choice
Lee started out singing "The Boxer" a song he sang earlier in the season.  It was great and he got into it no matter what the judges said.

Crystal did the Janis Joplin classic, "Bobby McGee" which was my guess as to the song she'd do!!  I love it!!

Round 1 goes to Crystal I think.

Round #2 - Producer's Choice
Simon Fuller picked "Everybody Hurts.  I wasn't familiar with this song but I hate that he's doing another slow tempo song.

Crystal is singing "Black Velvet."  Not a favorite song of mine but she did a great job and it really showed her range. 

This might be a tie.

Round #3 - Their Song
This is different this year.  Usually this is a cheesy song that is written for whomever wins but not this time.  Lee will record "Beautiful Day" a current song by U2.  Lee's nerves are showing a bit tonight.  Simon had some really sweet words for Lee but I think he was basically telling him he is not the front runner tonight. 

Crystal sings "Up to the Mountain."  This is another one I'm not familiar with but Crystal knocks it out of the park and wears her emotions on her sleeves.  Randy summed it up nicely with “this is one of the greatest performances and at the perfect time on this show.”   Yep.  Pretty much.  This round goes to Crystal. 

Crystal just might be the next American Idol, guys.  Unfortunately, Lee just didn't have his "A" game on tonight.  Don't know if it was song choice or nerves that got to him. The Crystal we loved during the first half of the season made her comeback just in the nick of time, and I predict she’s the next American Idol.  Lee doesn't have anything to worry about - he will do well. They both have successful music careers ahead of them, but I think Crystal will be taking the trophy home tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Wanda M. said...

Oh Sharon, this year I never watched AI. But I did see some of it last night and plan on watching tonight's too. I heard Simon predicted the male to win - but this was before last night's singing. I will have to watch it all tonight - I did see it one night and did like the girl's voice.