Tuesday, May 11, 2010

American Idol Final FOUR

Four perform tonight ... individually and as a duet. It's movie night so we're paying tribute to the music that impacts the silver screen.  The mentor this week is the fabulous Jamie Foxx.

Lee has that dreaded #1 spot and sings Kiss from a Rose.  The judges didn't like it.  I think he could have made a better song choice but I just love Lee and love that song and thought he was ok!!

Mike was next with a song I wasn't familiar with, Will You Bhe There.  It's from the movie, Free Willie. ???  Huh?  The judges were mixed with their reviews.  I like Lee better.

Crystal and Lee did a duet, Falling Softly.  Oh ... they are so great!  All the judges thought that was the best moment all season!

Casey sings Mrs. Robinson from The Graduate.  Not so sure about this one - it may be time for him to go - pretty hair and all!  The judges - except for Simon - liked it.  Randy is asking why he chose that song, but this Kara/Mrs. Robinson thing is tacky. I’m annoyed.  But, in the end, I agree with Simon. “There have been some very strange song choices tonight, and that was one of them.”

Next is Crystal singing the theme from Caddyshack, I'm All Right.  Weird song choices tonight!  But she definitely made this song HER ... a little Janis Joplin style.  Ellen is right - her performance was Crystalized!!

Now Big Mike and Casey team up for their duet, Have You Ever Loved a Woman.  I’ll give Casey a star for the guitar and Mike a star for the vocal.  Great performance!  Ellen's comment was funny!  She's loved a woman before!

The duets were better than the performances tonight.  The chemistry between Crystal and Lee was super!!

I think Casey will be leaving us tonight.

No comments: