Tuesday, May 18, 2010

June Birthdays = Retiring Colors!

I have been making birthday cards for a couple of days.  I have a bunch of friends having birthdays in June.  Since I will be out of town for a couple of weeks, I wanted to make them now and have them ready to pop in the mail.
This one uses the stamp set, Flight of the Butterfly and the Butterfly Punch.  I stamped them in white and used Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder.  I drew the antenna onto the cardstock.  The background is a retired butterfly wheel.  I used retiring Gable Green cardstock.


This card uses Party Hearty stamp set and a Cuttlebug Birthday Embossing Folder.  I used another retiring cardstock, Glorious Green.  I have a bunch of this color left - it's probably one of my least favorite colors.

This card uses Fifth Avenue Floral.  I stamped the flower in Versamark and embossed it clear.  Then I sponged Pink Pirouette ink over the flower.  The DSP is one I just got.  Don't know why I waited so long!  I love it.  It is the Bride carstock (pg 158).  The paper is white embossed on white.  When you brayer or sponge a color on it, it changes the paper.  This one I brayered in Pink Piroutte.. 

This card uses Inspired by Nature.  The grass and the flower are stamped in black and embossed clear.

This card uses some of the retiring purples - Orchid Opulence, Perfect Plum and Almost Amethyst.  The stamps are retired.

This card uses a stampset from the Summer Mini - Watercolor Trio.  I love, love, love this stamp!!  Again, I used retiring colors - Summer Sun and Only Orange.

If you are interested in ordering any of the Retiring Colors, you should do so ASAP!  Here is some of the info I have received from Stampin'  Up about these orders:

  • For re-inkers in retiring colors, as we run out, they will be placed on backorder status and those orders will be filled as quickly as we receive the product. We will continue to do this to the best of our ability through May, and then the re-inkers will be available while supplies last in June.

  • As for cardstock, we can't order significant quantities at this point in time without putting the production of the new colors in jeopardy.  We will be substituting textured paper for some of the smooth colors--including card stock in 8-1/2" x 11" as well as 12" x 12"--where the smooth is no longer available. These colors will go on backorder, and we will be filling as many of those as possible with textured card stock. Because the demand for each color varies, we are unable to provide a list of what colors of card stock will be substituted with textured, or at what point that will happen. However, if you receive a package of card stock that is textured instead of smooth, there will be a sticker on the package indicating that change.
I am anxious to watch Americal Idol tonight!  Who will the final two be???  My bet is Crystal and Lee.  I just heard that Chris Daughtery, a former idol star, and his wife are expecting twins!!

No comments: