Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Digital Studio & Idol

My nephew is getting married in a couple of weeks in Austin, Texas.  The wedding is to be outside with a Carnival Theme - complete with picture booths, corny dogs, cotton candy, etc.  I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures!  I am helping out my niece with the rehearsal lunch.  When Ashley was in Seattle a couple of weeks ago, she took a bunch of pictures at the Seattle Center of a carousel, hot dog stand, ticket booth, etc.  So, using My Digital Studio, I downloaded the pictures and a few others I found on the 'net.  Then I put a picture of Jack and Katrina on top of the whole collage and made it transparent so you could barely see them with the carnival things in the background.  I love using MDS and love what you can do with it.  I've sent these off to be printed and will pick them up tomorrow.  Can't wait to see them!  I'm having them done in 5" x 7".  I'm either going to find some clear frames for them at the Dollar Store or get some binder clips at an office supply store, decorate them and use them for a picture holder.



As of today, these are the items that are SOLD OUT and no longer available:

  • Sweet Pea Designer Series paper stack

  • On Board Heart Book

  • Sweet Pea stitched felt

  • Sage Shadow 12 x 12 card stock
I watched Idol tonight.  The contestants each sang two songs - one they chose and one chosen by the judges.

  • Casey was up first singing "It's All Right With Me" and it was only just all right with me.  His second song was "Daughters" chosen by Kara and Randy.  I like that song and he did it well, but was it worthy of making him a finalist?  I don't think so.

  • Crystal sang Melissa Etheridge's "Come to My Window" and did it well!  She was on the harmonica and I loved that.  Her second song was chose by Ellen, "Maybe I'm Amazed."  She is amazing!  She has not compromised herself once during this show.

  • Lee sang "Simple Man."  I loved it!  He's finally feeling comfortable on stage.  He could edge Crystal out!  Lee's second song, chosen by Simon, was "Hallelujah" and he knocked it out of the park!  He is in the contest to WIN.
I have been pulling for Crystal the whole season but Lee has started to sway me.  He has improved sooo much and has a great attitude.  He graciously accepts the judges criticism.  Sometimes I just get the feeling he wants it more than Crystal.  Anyway, I won't be disappointed in either one being the winner.

I am assuming Casey will be leaving Wednesday night and it will be down to Lee and Crystal.  What do you think???

No comments: