Sunday, May 2, 2010

Quarterly Shoebox Swaps - Part 1

As promised, I want to share some of the cards I made Friday night during the shoebox swap at Quarterly.

This card uses the bird punch to make the flowers and leaves and the Scallop Trim Punch.  I also love the pink ribbon!!

This palm tree is from Tropical Party stampset which you can find in the Summer Mini.  The DSP is also from the mini.
This stamp set is Dream Gardens (pg 104).  This is one of the things I love about these swaps - you can use stamps that you wouldn't normally buy.  This one is not my style but I love the card!

This was a fun technique that I had not done in a long time - marbles!  We put the marbles in a plastic box and dropped a little reinker in.  Then, tape the white cardstock to the top of the container and rock and roll the marbles!  I think my Stamp Club will love this!

Here is another stamp set I didn't even know was in the book!  But I just love the look of this card.  The stamp set is Extreme Elements (pg 81) and is one of the sets on sale during the Scrapbooking special this month. 

 This is probably my favorite card!  It uses the Bride DSP found on page 158.  The paper is white with embossed white squiggles on it.  We sponged black onto the white paper and the squgglies really pop.  The hearts are from the Hearts Embosslet Die from the Occasions Mini - hopefully, it will be in the new catalog and the Heart Punch.  Since I have a couple of wedding cards to make this month, I'll be placing an order for this paper!!

No comments: