Sunday, May 23, 2010

Historic Tour of Homes

A quick post before I hit the sack.  I'm so tired!  I was a docent today at the third annual Historic Mooresville Tour of Homes.  Check out the lovely homes HERE.   The home that I was in was the original home of Annie Rankin.  There are three houses side by side that were built by Annie's father, S.C. Rankin, the first President of the Bank of Mooresville. Mr. Rankin built the three homes for his daughters. Two of the Rankin sisters were married in a double wedding ceremony in 1902 and set up households at the same time in twin Queen Anne cottages on South Academy Street.   The housees have undergone extensive renovations.   While the other two sister's houses take you back in time, the Annie Rankin home has been "modernized" but still has kept the historic look.  A young couple live in the house now and have updated the kitchen in particular.

I finished the wedding cards that I will be taking to the weddings I am going to in Texas next week.  I CASE'd them from a card I saw at the Kernersville Quarterly.  The DSP is the Bride DSP on pg. 158 of the SU catalog which I brayered with black ink.  I used decorative punches in the comers. 


1 comment: