Saturday, May 2, 2009

Stamp Finds

Fun weekend I have had!   Yesterday Marianne came over to work on some projects we needed to do for an upcoming visit to a Stampin' Up Quarterly meeting in a few weeks.  This is the first time we have been able to bring (only) one guest to the quarterly.  We are going to do a 3D Sizzix Swap as well as a convention-style swap.  Marianne is making a cute Big Note Purse and I am making Big Note Boxes.  I'll share later. 

My Texas friend, Margaret, also joined us on Friday.  She and her hubbie are here babysitting their grandson (in Charlotte).  So, she came upstairs to visit and stamp with Marianne and I and we let the guys babysit Noah!!  He's almost 5 so it wasn't so bad for them.  You know what they did with him though?  They put him in the car and drove to Hickory to Home Depot!!  What a man thing!  It worked out for them though cause he slept the whole way there and back! 

Today I met Marianne at Stamper's Alley at 10:00 for the big SALE!!  We had to wait in line for the starting time and then it was "off to the races!"  This is the first time I've been able to attend the sale since I've lived here and it was all I've heard it was!  There were tables lined up on the patio that stretched about 12-18 feet and they were full of stamps - about 5 deep!  I did pretty good though and only spent $18!!  I bought 3 Stampin' Up stamps that are retired (All In A Row; Party Hearty; and Mixed Bouquet), one "saying" stamp (Know, that today a friend is thinking about you); a cute House Mouse (Balloon Ride); and a blank Mirror Image stamp.

So, here are a the cards I made tonight with two of the stamps.

This one uses the Mirror Image stamp.  You stamp the main stamp (Summer by the Sea) onto the Mirror Image stamp.  Then you stamp the Mirror Image on the bottom and the main stamp on top.  I embossed the main stamp.  This was colored with my Copics.

101_2532 

This is the Mixed Bouquet stamp set.  I got the whole set for $4!!  It sold for $28.95 when it was in the SU catalog!  I stamped the flowers onto Summer Sun and Tangerine Tango cardstock and embossed it.  You can't tell it, but I added some Shimmerz to the flowers also.  It's really pretty and sparkly IRL.  "Sweet" is stamped on a Cuttlebug tag.

101_2533

No comments: