Wednesday, May 20, 2009

American Idol Final Results

Well, we were walking around the Riverwalk here in San Antonio after viewing houses all day so I missed the first half of Idol. But, I figured I didn't really miss much!

The second half that I am watching has a LOT of big name groups performing - Queen, Kiss, Steve Martin (who knew he was a singer???), Santana, Rod Stewart plus all the Idol performers from this year and previous years. I heard that I missed Queen Latifa during the first half. Wow! Idol has come a long way over the years to have all the $$ to get all these big names. And we even got to see a little bit of Tatiana tonight!

My understanding is there were over 100 million votes last night!! A world record! I can tell you about 5 of those votes were mine!!

YIPPEE!!! KRIS ALLEN IS THE NEW AMERICAN IDOL!!! I am in shock. He had come the farthest of any of the others. He was definitely the dark horse in this competition. What happened I believe is he got Danny Gokey's votes and knocked Adam out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow....what a turn of events! I have to say that I am a little disappointed that Adam did not win. I think you are right, Sharon, about Kris getting Danny's votes. However, I think Adam will do good even as the runner up. He seems to be very ambitious. Maybe winning is what Kris needed. It was a great show last night!
Donna