Tuesday, May 12, 2009

American Idol .... Top Three

Tonight the top 3 guys - Adam, Danny and Kris - will sing 2 songs each. One of the songs will be chosen by the judges and the other song will be chosen by the guys.

First up is Danny singing a song chosen by Paula.

Danny - Dance Little Sister by Terrence somebody - I've never heard of this song or the artist who originally did it, but the judges thought he was great (except for Kara who didn't like his dancing.) "Dope" according to Randy! Simon disagreed with the song choice.

Kris - Apologize by One Republic - chosen by Kara and Randy. I love this song and am loving Kris' take on it. The judges weren't so blown away with his performance. Simon is right - he said that Kara & Randy shouldn't be criticizing Kris' arrangement of the song when they picked the song for him. Kara said he should have not been behind the piano, but done it acoustically .... well, they should have told him that! I agree with Simon for a change.

Adam - One by U2 chosen by Simon. Simon had to get permission from Bono for Adam to sing this song tonight. Pretty theatrical as usual. Standing ovation from the crowd. Kara told him he was a strategist and he was unbelievable and did his own version. The judges .... except for Randy .... are all over themselves drooling over Adam. He is very talented .... he's just not my choice.

Round Two --- the contestant's choices:

Danny - You Are So Beautiful (Joe Cocker) Great! As Randy says, he can really, really, really sing. Kara and Paula loved it. Simon called it a "vocal master class."

Kris - Heartless by Kanye West Well, the judges just loved it. Even Simon! He told Kris after the first performance he had written him off of the competition. But after this performance, he is back in the running. I am really surprised. I liked it but figured the judges wouldn't like this one.

Adam - Crying by Aerosmith To me, he's screaming and I don't like it. I don't think he's near as good as the other two on this round. Randy told him he was one of the best they've ever had in the competition. The judges have basically called him the winner. Good for Simon .... he says he's not going to suck up like the other judges. But, he made the point that America needs to not assume Adam will be in the final 2 but to vote for him because he deserves to be there.


This is going to be a tough one tonight. Simon was on Oprah this week and picked Adam to win. He might be right but sometimes that's the kiss of death for the contestants. I think Simon picked David Archeleta last year to win and he didn't. We'll see. I know Adam is talented, but something about him bugs me. I would much rather see Kris or Danny.

I think Kris won Round One and Danny won Round Two.

I'm afraid America will listen to the judges too much and Kris will be the one leaving though. Hope not!!

No comments: