Friday, May 15, 2009

Hats Off to Spring Tea

101_2568  My Newcomers's group had a "Hats Off to Spring" tea on Tuesday.  I had been making little hats and baskets for the centerpieces and was so glad to be done with that project!!  But, they really turned out cute and the tables really looked festive.  We got lots of favorable comments about the tea so all the hard work was worth it!

We had a barbershop quartet perform.  They were a group of professors from Davidson College and they were really good.  Plus .... they didn't charge us anything!!

I took several of my great-aunt Love's hats.  She was a milliner and had her own hat shop at one time.  I wore one of the hats!  Here are a few pictures.

101_2575

Ginny made her hat with a tea cup on top!101_2567

Doesn't the guy on the end look like Barney Fife??? 101_2573

No comments: