Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I'm baaaack!!

Wow - it's gonna feel good to put my head on my own pillow tonight!   You know, it's always good to travel but it's always great to come home!!   Our trip to Texas came to an end today.  We had a great time!

My flight to Texas last Saturday (May 16) was not so great!   When we landed in San Antonio, I got the most horrific pain in my gums on my left side.  The tears were flowing and I tried putting pressure on my gums to make the pain subside.  It's hard to describe how bad it was.  My nephew and his girlfriend met us at the airport and drove us to Austin.  By the time I reached their house (about an hour later), I was in severe pain.  I called my daughter to get her advice and could not even talk to her I was crying so hard.  When we lived in Texas, I had a lot of sinus problems so went prepared, thank goodness!  I had taken a couple of Imitrex pills with me so I took one of them and laid down for about an hour.  The pain dulled so we were able to go out to eat.  When I came home, I took a Tylenol PM and went to bed.  That was the end of my pain but the weirdest thing is my gum is still dead feeling .... like I've had Novocain or something.  We are thinking that perhaps a nerve in my sinus/gum area is damaged.  Guess I'll be calling the dentist tomorrow!

We spend the first weekend we were in Texas at my nephew and his girlfriend's house.  They were excellent hosts and fixed us wonderful breakfasts each morning!  We went to my niece's home Sunday and cooked fajitas on their grill.  We also had yummy tamales!!  I've missed that Mexican food since being in NC. 

(remember - click on the photos to see the whole picture!)

101_2624

I had such a great time playing with my niece's little boys.  They are just so cute.   The oldest is just finishing kindergarten and Jake is just sooo smart!  Her youngest, Zachary, is just 2 weeks younger than my grandson, Jayce.  Zach will be 3 in early September.  So, since I don't get to see my grandson, I did a double effort in spoiling and loving on Zach! 

101_2631

We went back to San Antonio Monday night and started our house hunting with Ashley on Tuesday.  We look at a little over 60 houses Tuesday through Saturday!  I love looking at houses but Sonny wasn't so thrilled with it!  He got a reprieve on Saturday when our friends from Dallas drove down for the weekend.  Ashley was able to find several houses she liked and made a list of a "top 5-8" houses.  Now, we just have to wait for the sale of her condo in Bethesda before she can make a offer on a Texas house.  I know it will all work out, but say a little prayer that it will sell sooner than later!!

101_2640

No comments: