Saturday, April 4, 2009

Quilt Cards

Friday was my day to play Mah Jong ... at my house. So, Thursday was spent cleaning - a job I don't relish doing!! But, since it is spring, figured it was time!!

Marianne came over last night "to play." She had dinner with us and then she and I got creative! I had seen these quilt cards on Splitcoast and never made one before. I thought they were the perfect card for us since she is a quilter. Also, she is driving to Florida this weekend to spend spring break with her girlfriend, Sharon, who also is a quilter. I forgot to take a picture of her card before she left, but here are my two. One is a birthday card for a friend and the other is an anniversary card for my dear hubby. We will be celebrating 36 years on Tuesday!

These card are really easy to make. Using the 1 3/8" or 1 1/4" punch (we used 1 3/8") punch 12 squares. Glue them down to a piece of cardstock that is cut about 5 1/4" x 4 1/4" (using glue stick works best - then you can slide them around to get them tight to each other). Then you run them through the Sizzix or Cuttlebug with the Top Note Die. I then cut around the perforated edge and used a coordinating piece to layer them.

This one uses Manchester DSP, Always Artichoke and Kraft paper. I was trying to make it look masculine.

101_2370

This card uses Not Quite Navy with a pack of patterned paper that was a hostess gift in the last catalog. The sentiment and the one used in the card above are from Hugs and Kisses.

101_2371

Here is another card I made before Marianne got here. I just got this Butterfly Die and wanted to try it out. I used my Nestibilites to make the circles and the Dotted Swiss Cuttlebug folder on the So Saffron card. The Designer Paper and ribbon is from the Saleabration catalog with a piece of vellum for the small butterfly. The pearl is from the Pretties kit.

101_2367

No comments: