Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Final 7 on American Idol - Again!

      Tonight is Disco Night. Who picks these themes?
    • Lil Rounds - I'm Every Woman by Shaka Khan - sounded a little screamy to me. Paula said she was on vocal rest yesterday so she did good to come out and sing a song like that. None of the judges gave her any encouragement. Simon said this was her final night and I agree. Lil Rounds disagreed with the judges. She's also the first of the night to perform which is another strike against her. Think her time is up and it's time.

    • Kris Allen - She Works Hard for the Money by Donna Summer - sure is a different arrangement for a Donna Summer song. Kara loved it as did Paula. Simon didn't understand what Paula was saying but that's OK - he loved Kris' arrangement. Randy thinks he is ready for the big time. I liked it - another great performance for Kris!!

    • Danny Gokey - September by Earth, Wind & Fire- He is my favorite! He did great - just incredible! The judges agreed with me. Simon's a little on the fence about it.

    • Allison - Hot Stuff - an appropriate song for her. I can’t imagine being 16 and being so confident. The judges are giving her accolades. It was just an OK performance to me. I'm not as "in love" with her as the judges are.
    • Adam - If I Can't Have You - Wow, does he look different tonight in a suit! He re-invents his look every week. He was great! I really liked his slow version of this song. Randy thinks he is ready to make a record. Kara thinks it was his best. Paul was crying and thinks he is brilliant. Simon thought he would probably do Donna Summer but thought he was outstanding. Folks, he may be the next American Idol!

    • Matt Giraud - Staying Alive - Paula's on her feet! This is the Matt we were hoping for the last couple of weeks. I agree with Kara that it wasn’t brilliant, but it was solid. Randy wasn't in love with the song but thinks he can really sing. Paula thought this was a strike for him - not a gutter ball ... whatever that means! Simon was real and of course, didn't like it. I called that one. Simon thought it was a desperate performance - not good vocals, not original ....

    • Anoop - Love Don't Come Easy - This was not one of my favorites. Kara thought it was one of his best performances. Paula likes his look tonight - the "growth" on his face and his pink sweater vest! Simon of course completely disagrees with the other judges. I agree with Simon this time.
    Randy said this is the most talented Final 7 they've ever had and I agree whole-heartily. I think Kris could be the dark horse in this competition. I don't know that he will end up winning but he'll be like Chris Daughtery and do better as a non-winner and be a recording star. We will definitely hear his name and his songs on the radio.


    I think if your name isn’t Kris, Danny or Adam you could potentially be in danger tomorrow night. The others were good, but tonight, they weren’t nearly as original or strong. So here are my picks for going home this week: Anoop and Lil Rounds

    2 comments:

    Smoochiefrog said...

    I too think those 3 should be alright and those 2 should go home. We can hope!

    Wanda in GSO said...

    Well, missed most of it again last night - got on the phone. But I will watch tonight.