Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Idol - Minus 2

Disco Night continues as Paula choreographed the Final Seven in a disco number. I thought it was pretty good ... even though I think they were lip-syncing.

First one to be called - Lil Rounds makes the walk to the far side of the stage (as predicted by moi.) Wow - no surprise, but they didn't make her suffer. They gave her the bad news right away. When she sang her final song, Paula told her she should have sang like that last night. Simon told her he was going to miss her family screaming in the audience!

A medley of old timey Disco singers -

Freda Payne singing Band of Gold. I think she's got to be at least 60 years old if not older! As Sonny said, she's been "rode hard and put up wet." (one of his favorite sayings!) Did you see her belly flopping around?

Thelma Houston singing Don't Leave Me This Way. She didn't need to be poured into that dress - oh my!!

KC - of KC & The Sunshine Band singing Get Down Tonight - Getting old is hell, ain't it? When I lived in Texas, he was on my plane once when I was flying from San Antonio to Dallas. It was a Southwest Airlines flight - about the cheapest you can fly!!

Idol was scraping the bottom of the barrel for those singers!

Back to the results - Kris is called up and he's SAFE! Adam's next and he's SAFE. Next is Danny and he's SAFE. You know, I could have written all that before hearing Ryan announce it.

Now, we have Anoop - he's in the bottom 3.

Allison and Matt are the two left - Allison is in the bottom and Matt is safe. Wow!!

David Archuletta sings next while Allison and Anoop sweat it out. I like his song - he's matured a lot it seems. His voice sounded a little raspy.

OK, back to the results - the second person going home is Anoop ... as I predicted

1 comment:

Wanda in GSO said...

Well, I laid down on sofa around 4-5-6; can't remember when; and slept until 3 AM this morning. So I missed AIdol again. Wished I'd get my sleeping habits back to normal. So, I think you are saying that Anoop and Allison went home, right? Glad Matt was safe this week, even though I didn't get to hear him sing.