Monday, April 6, 2009

Academy of Country Music Awards .... and Easter cards

I just finished watching the Academy of Country Music Award show while making Easter cards.  It was very entertaining.  It was broadcast from Las Vegas.  Darn .... I was there last year this time!!

Here's a few of my thoughts on the show (if you care!)

  • I loved seeing Heidi Newfield sing "Johnny and June" - love that song!  I didn't realize she was as old as she is ... figured she'd be another Taylor Swift. 
  • Thought it was odd that Jamie Foxx was on a country awards show??  Guess it's just to make another point about Obama in office.  I like Jamie, don't get me wrong.  It's just odd.
  • Cute Julianne Hough made Top New Artist.  She ripped her designer dress while going on stage!  Jack Ingram leaned over and tried to fix it!  I saw on some internet site some people discussing that she was still a virgin!  Where do people learn this stuff and why is it there business???
  • Top Vocal Duo - Sugarland!  Yay!
  • How much more mileage will Billy Ray be getting off Miley?  Think he'll still be introducing her as "my little girl" when she's 30?
  • Top Female Vocalist - Carrie Underwood.  Yay!  Just love her.
  • Trace Adkins sang "Til the Last Shot's Fired" with the West Point Glee Club.  WOW!   The performance is in support of the Wounded Warrior Project (WWP), which is the charity selected by the ACM's charitable fund.  If you didn't get a tear in your eye watching the soldier who was missing both legs introduce Trace and Trace Adkins singing the song plus the West Point Glee Club performing, you aren't an American!
  • Matthew McConaughey was a presenmatthewter.  That is one hot dude!  I could watch him all day.  He just seems so down to earth ... but sexy!   

                                       

 

 

 

 

 

Ok ... here are a couple of the cards I was working on tonight.  They both use the stamp set, A Good Egg.  This is my only Easter set so I use it a lot.  I used the designer paper from the Saleabration catalog and paper pieced the eggs.  I cut a slit to thread the ribbon through.

101_2373   

On this one, I cut the card 5 1/2" x 7 1/2" and cut the scalloped strip 3" x 4 1/4" and let it hang over the card.  I cut a slit for the ribbon.  I received a card that used this layout in a swap a while back and I've always like it.  This is the first time I've used it.

101_2374

2 comments:

Wana in NC said...

I watched some of this awards show, but missed a lot. Didn't see Julianne come on stage. But I did get to see Carrie Underwood win the entertainer of the year. I was so excited for her....and it was out of all those men that she won too. WOW - good for Carrie!

Sheri said...

Hi Sharon and happy birthday. Your Easter is precious.
I thought I would let you in on a little backround on Jamie Foxx. He was roomates is college with Gary LeVox,the lead singer for Rascal Flats..they are apparently very good friends still. How do I know that...you might ask...They did a duet together on a the CMA's (I think) lst year..Thought you might like to know...Have a great day!