Friday, December 26, 2008

Hope your Christmas was merry!

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and were surrounded by the ones who love you. We had a great day .... pretty low key but with family so it was special.

101_1817

101_1818 Sonny & I were able to sleep in until almost 9!! (Funny how you can do that when there are not any little ones around on Christmas morn!) Ashley woke up earlier and popped the breakfast casserole (that I had made the night before) in the oven so it was ready to eat pretty soon after I got up. After breakfast, the three of us opened our stockings and our gifts. We oohed & aahed over all our goodies. The highlights .... I got a BIG SHOT!!!, a Just Rite rectangle stamp set, a set of Nestabilities, Bed & Bath shower goodies, books ..... Sonny was in love with his Steelers lightweight jacket from Ashley, books, thermals, and a Steelers DVD from me. Ashley got books, a shredder, windshield wipers (she asked for them!!), necklace, a Steeler gnome (really cute), electronic Crossword puzzle/Sudoko game, Tunes gift card .... I don't remember all of it!! Anyway, let's just say, we did good!!

My mom and sister, Angela, came over in the afternoon and we opened gifts again and ate, and ate .... then ate some more!! We are waiting until Saturday night to have our big Christmas meal when the whole family can be here. My brother and family live in Charlotte and usually are with her parents on Christmas and my other sister, Marianne, drove up to the mountains to spend the day with her in-laws. So, tomorrow night we'll be eating some more and opening more presents. . . Extending the holiday as long as possble!!

One of the highlights of my day was hearing from my son. He and his family live in Tucson. I was very happy to hear from him as things are not good between us at the moment. My grandson, Jayce, got on the phone for a minute and I was able to tell him Merry Christmas (he's 2 1/2). He had a big Christmas even if he was a little bit sick. Jeff said Jayce got a scooter for Christmas and was scooting all over the house and threw up on the scooter a couple of times! Today, I saw pictures on my daughter-in-law's blog that they got SNOW (in Arizona)!!! The pictures of Jayce are priceless!!

snowathome2

Enjoy the weekend!

Sharon

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sharon, I'm so glad ya'll had a wonderful Christmas day! Glad that your mom is still with you and enjoying the time spent with you and DH and daughter. I'm sure she is glad you moved back here. I know I am; glad to have met you on the NC group.

Your DGS is a doll! He seems to have enjoyed the snow! Glad you got to talk with him and your DS - and I pray that things will get better between you soon.

Just a comment about Bath & Body stuff. The shower gel has SLS in it, which stands for Sodium Laurent Sulfate. This SLS causes dry skin very badly. I was using it and went to this store in Stokesdale "Saddies" and asked her about dry skin. She of course turned me on to Shea Butter soap that she makes and sells in the store, and told me never to use any soap with SLS in it because that was what was drying out my skin. This was years ago before I got older and my skin drys from age. But just wanted to tell you this. I never buy B&BW's shower gels but I still buy their lotions.

Take care and glad your Christmas was special and fun! With love,

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a sweet little face!! Your Christmas tree looked beautiful, too. Bet your house didn't look that neat after all those gifts were opened! LOL!! Thanks for sharing - Happy New Year!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a sweet little face!! Your Christmas tree looked beautiful, too. Bet your house didn't look that neat after all those gifts were opened! LOL!! Thanks for sharing - Happy New Year!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a sweet little face!! Your Christmas tree looked beautiful, too. Bet your house didn't look that neat after all those gifts were opened! LOL!! Thanks for sharing - Happy New Year!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a sweet little face!! Your Christmas tree looked beautiful, too. Bet your house didn't look that neat after all those gifts were opened! LOL!! Thanks for sharing - Happy New Year!
Kim

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.